message oddity

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 29 11:33:21 GMT 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:52:35AM -0500, Erik Jan Tromp wrote:
> I just noticed an oddity when using --dry-run. There are literally
> thousands (4018, to be exact) of '^M 0 files...'

When pulling with --progress enabled, rsync outputs those messages while
building the file list for deletions.  Unfortunately, the new, faster
delete code was starting the count over for each directory (which means
you must have 4018 directories in that transfer).

Fortunately the fix is quite simple, so I've already checked in a fix
that will restore the prior output of ever-increasing values when the
client is handling --delete or --delete-after.  Feel free to try out
the latest "nightly" tar file, if you'd care to test the fix.

Thanks for the report!