Rsync 2.6.4pre4 released (2.6.4 imminent!)
wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 29 07:16:59 GMT 2005
I've released rsync 2.6.4pre4. I believe that this version will be what
gets released as 2.6.4, hopefully on Wednesday. Please try this out
and let me know if anything is amiss.
All the changes since 2.6.3 are mentioned here:
You'll also find a preview of the man pages in the same dir (as usual):
The changes since 2.6.4pre3 are as follows:
- Fixed the listing of files on an rsync daemon that is version
2.6.3 or before.
- Fixed the saving of the state of the --dirs option in a
protocol-29 batch file. Also added the saving of --compress.
- Got rid of the customized death message when talking to pre1/pre2
version of 2.6.4 (since everyone should have upgraded to pre3 by
- Don't reject --dry-run with --read-batch or --write-batch.
Instead, output what changes would be made without --dry-run (but
- Limit the maximum fuzzy-name distance the --fuzzy option will
accept when looking for an alternate basis file. Also fixed a bug
in the parsing of each file's suffix.
- Tweaked the generator to do any --delete-after processing and any
directory tweaking after any --delay-updates processing has
- Reversed the meaning of the '<' or '>' prefix that is output by
the log-format's "%i" escape when files are transferred.
- Documented the --protocol=NUM option (which can be useful for
creating batch files with an older protocol version).
You can grab the tar file and its signature here:
Please give it a try and send feedback! Thanks!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20050328/ab794740/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync