Patch: Offline transfer mode

Steve Traugott stevegt at TerraLuna.Org
Mon Mar 21 08:31:55 GMT 2005

Another followup to myself...  ;-)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:46:20PM -0800, Steve Traugott wrote:
> because the entire protocol goes through write_fd(), I couldn't just
> shut off all traffic there, but instead had to redirect unwanted traffic
> to /dev/null higher up, in send_files().  A more graceful way, I think,
> might have been to create a global (say, net_quench) which is set from
> send_files() and read from write_fd(), to toggle traffic on and off
> depending on context.

Silly me -- the global's already there, I created it -- 'offline' is
just the ticket.  This means that writefd() would look at 'offline' and,
if true, return before writing to the net (but after writing to the
batch file).  Much simpler than the /dev/null silliness I'm using right
now -- it's amazing what a little sleep can do... ;-)

I'll rehack this way and repost.

Steve
--
Stephen G. Traugott  (KG6HDQ)
UNIX/Linux Infrastructure Architect, TerraLuna LLC