Rsync 2.6.4pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 1 06:56:05 GMT 2005
I've released rsync 2.6.4pre2. It was a little sooner than expected,
but I wanted to get the new keep-alive packets out for testing. Plus,
one backward-compatibility bug had the potential to be rather annoying.
The changes since 2.6.3 are here:
The changes since 2.6.4pre1 are as follows:
- Added a keep-alive packet that the generator can send to the
sender when a --timeout is in effect and no output is ready to go
over the socket (e.g. deletions are happening or we're still
searching for a changed file).
- Added support for a literal IPv6 address enclosed in '[' and ']'
to the HOST:PATH and HOST::PATH arg formats (the
rsync://HOST:PORT/PATH format was already covered).
- Fixed a bug in the sending of an include to an older version of
- Fixed a bug where a file getting resent in the same transfer with
--backup and --inplace enabled would get backed up twice.
- Some other minor changes and documentation improvements.
You can grab the tar file and its signature here:
Please do try this out and send feedback! Thanks!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20050228/ed965828/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync