Limit the total bytes transfered?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 1 01:22:14 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:24:36PM -0700, Michael Best wrote:
> I ask because a client had a broken filesystem that occasionally has
> 2T+ files on it (broken filesystem, so they weren't actually that big)
> but we happily ran up a huge b/w bill with rsync.

Rsync 2.6.4 has a new option, --max-size=N, that can be used to filter
out any really big files from being synchronized.  For instance:

    rsync -av --max-size=10g host:/src/ /dest/

Beyond that, no -- there's no total-transfer-size limit.

I'm working on the release 2.6.4pre2 release that should be ready fairly
soon now.