Root privilege solution

Tinsley, Scott S. (ManTech) CTR scott.tinsley at deca.mil
Tue Jun 28 11:49:58 GMT 2005

Turns out "nobody" had been removed from our password files.

I have used the "uid = " global setting and all appears good.

Last question. Can a daemon version of rsync using the rsyncd.conf file be configured to only allow access to "modules" and no other part of the remote side's file system?

Thanks for your help.