handling duplicate names deterministically and adding alternative checksum algorithms

Andrew Shewmaker agshew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:01:54 GMT 2005

Thanks for the pointer to that mergesort thread and for the md5 patch.

Is rsync going to stick with qsort as the default sorting algorithm?
Would a patch to add a --mergesort option be accepted?

Even though most of my boxes are Linux and it appears that qsort usually
runs as a mergesort, I would still like an option to enforce it so I don't get
suprised one day when an actual qsort is used due to memory contention.

And what would be the chances of a --sha1 option patch being accepted?

Thank you again,

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker