source side

Juergen Busam busam at gmx.net
Sat Jun 11 06:56:58 GMT 2005

I've ran a "ls -altr" on the source before syncing and after it and it
definitely shows that the timestamps of the source side changed after
rsync has finished. The destination side gets the timestamps of the
source side before the sync.

Example:

bevor sync:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       572928 Feb 23 22:26 Accept_PatXfer.dot

after sync:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       572928 Feb 23 21:26 Accept_PatXfer.dot

destination shows
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       572928 Feb 23 22:26 Accept_PatXfer.dot

after the rsync run.

The "problem hereby is, that the sourceside is mounted readonly!
Nevertheless the timestamp gets changed...