rsync 2.6.5 'max verbosity' snafu

Erik Jan Tromp betageek at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 10 09:21:25 GMT 2005

Continuing with my backup script (see previous post), I've found a small oops regarding the 'max verbosity' option for rsyncd.conf

In the manpage this option is listed as a module option. Poking through the source, however, shows that it's parsed as a global option (loadparm.c).

If it's a question of which end to change, I would find this option being per module much more useful.

Erik

--
"I really want a license to do just two things: make the code available
to others, and make sure that improvements stay that way. That's really