rsync 2.6.5 segfault using --fuzzy & --link-dest

Erik Jan Tromp betageek at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 12 12:45:11 GMT 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:22:39 -0700
Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> OK, the crash turned out to be caused by an empty file-list not getting
> its "high" value set correctly.  If such an empty list gets passed to
> flist_find(), it would crash.  This is not something that normally
> happens, but in the case where an empty destination directory is matched
> up with a list-dest directory that has a file that is present but not
> up-to-date, rsync triggers the bug.  Attached is a patch to fix this.

I seem to have a habit of doing stuff that doesn't 'normally happen'. :)

> Thanks for your help!

Rebuilt with this & the max verbosity patches, deployed, tested. Works like an absolute charm.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on these fixes.

Erik

--
"I really want a license to do just two things: make the code available
to others, and make sure that improvements stay that way. That's really