Any change of rsync using threads instead of fork?

Jamie Lokier jamie at shareable.org
Sat Dec 17 23:22:58 GMT 2005

So far I am not having luck with the threads version:

  rsync: mkstemp "/mnt/storage/bin/" failed: Success (0)
  ./rsync: io.c: 334: push_redo_num: Assertion `am_receiver()' failed.

is typical.  Or SIGSEGV.  There is something very fishy going on, and
I suspect it isn't the rsync code, but something in uclinux/uclibc,
but it's a right pain to debug.

(In case people just joined: I requested the threads version because
fork() isn't available at all on uclinux).

-- Jamie