unable to open configuration file rsyncd.conf

Tim.Clashin at calcucare.com Tim.Clashin at calcucare.com
Thu Aug 25 21:12:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

Rsync is working great for me right now, using version 2.6.5 on two
Solaris 9 V100 servers.  Box A is the source and box B is the destination,
and also box B is my rsync server box.  Box A is a rsync client. Yesterdar
from Box B I pulled 250 meg just fine from box A with rsync.

Today from the client I want to just copy over to the server what files
have changed today.

So my command from the client is the following:

/usr/local/bin/rsync --partial --progress --stats -az -e "ssh -p 22"
/"directory on the client" USER at boxA::modulename

I do get a connection to Box B but after I enter the user's password thru
ssh, I get the following the client:

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=434): entered
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=434): about to call exit(12)

this is what is produced on the server /var/adm/messages:
rsyncd[19422]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] rsync: rsync: unable to open
configuration file "rsyncd.conf": No such file or directory (2)
rsyncd[19422]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] rsync error: syntax or usage
error (code 1) at clientserver.c(512)
rsyncd[19436]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] rsync: rsync: unable to open
configuration file "rsyncd.conf": No such file or directory (2)
rsyncd[19436]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] rsync error: syntax or usage
error (code 1) at clientserver.c(512)

On the server I am running rsync in daemon mode by using this command,

/usr/local/bin/rsync --deamon --config /etc/rsyncd.conf, and the daemon is
running, but the client is still get the unable to find /etc/rsyncd.conf.

Here is my rsyncd.conf file on the Box B.

transfer logging = true
log format = %h %o %f %l %b
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
pid file = /var/run/rsync.pid
uid = nobody
gid = nobody
use chroot = no
max connections = 28
address = 10.210.4.64

[es0028]
        path = /pc1/snapshot/hourly.0/infermos/
        comment = es0028 backup

Any assistance would be greatful, and thanks in advance.

Tim