ACL and RSYNC possible bug

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 18:25:13 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:57:58AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> send_acl: sys_acl_get_file(mysql, SMB_ACL_TYPE_ACCESS): Operation not
> supported

Yes, that's one of the horrific things about the current --acls patch,
and one of the reasons why it is not included by default in rsync.  At
some point I'll get around to finally getting a system setup that
supports ACLs, and I will then be able to look into making that patch
better.  Until then, patches for the source patched with acls.diff are
gratefully accepted.