rsync is flaky going to Penang

jackie_wright at agilent.com jackie_wright at agilent.com
Mon Apr 4 22:41:10 GMT 2005

Hello,

We are experiencing flaky behavior from rsync when attempting to rsync
directories/files to a server in Penang.   Several times the job seems
to 'hang' and never completes.   Penang then is therefore missing a lot
of required cad files.    Have any of you experienced the same thing and
what did you do to fix the problem?   Does anyone know of a better tool
to use?   We chose rsync after rdist gave us problems.

Perhaps we're missing an important flag in our rsync commands but I
think it's set up correctly.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jackie Wright
Agilent Technologies - WSD R&D IT Engineer
Telnet:  435-6653 or (408) 435-6653
Cell:  (510) 825-7638
Fax: (408) 435-4803