(rsync] linux <-- mac

webster at lexmark.com webster at lexmark.com
Mon Apr 4 17:28:42 GMT 2005

Hello.

>From googling, I can see that this subject came up back in '03, but I've
not seen any solutions.
Is it possible to run rsync on a Linux machine, pulling data from a Mac ?
I'm not concerned about resource forks.  I can [s]cp the files just fine.

This Mac machine has been rsync'ing successfully with other Macs.
When I try it (w/ v.2.6.4 on the Linux end), it takes ~2 orders of
magnitude longer than it should, & gives me the replicated directory tree,
but with all 0-byte files, & many extraneous *dirattr* files .

Thanks.

Gary R. Webster