RSync on Win32

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Sep 22 17:22:10 GMT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:25:59PM -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>    file has vanished:
>    "/cygdrive/z/LJ 430/Completed Orders/513000/513476 \
>                Tassone Mary no Cd/ART/high res/59?04.tif"

I can only suggest trying to debug this (perhaps via strace, perhaps via
fprintf(stderr, ...) calls, perhaps via gdb) to figure out what is weird
about the filenames.  Rsync does not filter the names at all, so I don't
know why it would be the cause of such a problem.

>    IO error encountered - skipping file deletion

The IO errors it is talking about are the file-has-vanished errors.