RSync + SSH tunneling through firewall

Stefaan Lhermitte stefaan.lhermitte at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Sep 8 10:18:31 GMT 2004

Indeed, I want to:
* to start rsync session A->C
* cannot establish ssh session A->C (firewall)
* but can establish ssh session A->B and B->C

I think I understand the ssh hop. If I'm correct. I make a script file
ssh-b that I subsequently invoke in the rsync command (./ssh-b).

Unfortunately I still have a question concerning the ssh-b script.
I have put:

#!/bin/sh
exec ssh myname at host-B ssh "$@"

What stands the "$@" for?
When I run the ssh-b script and enter my password for host-B I get the
--help printout on my screen?
I assume I have to write something like:

#!/bin/sh
exec ssh myname at host-B ssh myname at host-C

But then I get the error:
Pseudo terminal will not be allocated becausestdin is not a terminal.
Permission denied.

Thanx for your help so far. It already helped a lot.

Regards,
Stef