rsync through high latency connection

Rudy Moore the_orn at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 02:03:43 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a high latency, but relatively high bandwidth (1.5 Mbps) connection that
I'm trying to rsync through.  I noticed in the feature list that rsync
pipelines file transfers to minimize latency - does this only affect transfer
of large numbers of files?

Are there configuration steps that I can use to improve throughput?  For
example, is it possible to set the TCP window size to a larger number in order
to have more packets out there on the net at any one time?  If so, how?

Thanks!
Rudy