Cygwin rsync and the Window XP SP2 firewall

Hans Kratz kratz at omnicore.com
Mon Nov 22 14:08:32 GMT 2004

Hi!

> The windows firewall show this message.
> Because rsync client try to establish connection using port 873.
>
> You can define rsync client and server to use other port like port 80.

I just tried it with port 80 on server and client but the error message
is still displayed.

I did not expect it to change anything either since the firewall is not
supposed to block outgoing connections at all. And as stated in my
original post rsync works fine even though the Windows firewall reports
that it has blocked it.

Best regards,

Hans
--