Windows Rsync Server Failing

Admin 240vac at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 03:33:14 GMT 2004

Hi. I am new to this newsgroup. I have a setup where I am rsyncing between a Windows
and a Linux box. I have Rsync Server set up on each machine but so far have only
been able to get Rsync Server on Linux working. I can Rsync from the Windows machine
to the Linux, but not the other way around. When I try to Rsync from the Linux box
to the Windows, here is the error I receive:

rsync: failed to set permissions on "." (in modulename): Permission denied
(13)
rsync: failed to set permissions on "." (in modulename): Permission denied
(13)
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(578)

Has anyone ever seen this error before and have an idea what it means?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Windows 2k
CWRsync
Cygwin w/Rsync