--backup-dir and daemon mode

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Tue May 11 17:01:19 GMT 2004

Is it possible to use --backup-dir= with a daemon mode target?  I have
been attempting to use --backup and --backup-dir= with a daemon mode
server I use as target for an rsync command that "pushes" from the
server needing backing up, and have met with no luck - I keep getting
broken pipe errors, and attempts to create directories like
"user at 192.168.0.1::backup/backup" on the server doing the rsyncing's own
filesystem.

If anybody's ever tried doing this kind of thing, your experience would
be very helpful.

Thanks!

Jim Salter