Issue with rsync 2.6.1-pre1 on AIX

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 30 02:03:52 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 06:58:06PM -0500, Carson Gaspar wrote:
> Define "appropriate configure support".

I don't want to arbitrarily dump support for mainstream platforms that
are currently supported.  I.e. we need to continue to support the major
flavors of Unix, Linux, Cygwin, OS X, etc.  I haven't checked to see
what systems would be adversely affected by such a change, so I don't
know if I'd consider the use of sigaction alone as adequate or not.  It
might well be.

If anyone has pointers to portability info, let me know.  I doubt I'll
put this into 2.6.1, but getting such a change into CVS early in the
next release cycle would be good.