Root access over ssh?

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 25 18:30:16 GMT 2004

I'm not the command line guru, but it is my understanding that if you've
got rsyncd running at boot time, any user can rsync over ssh to his or
her home directories without requiring root access.

I can't imagine a time when you'd need them to access other directories,
except maybe /var/html and subs, but if you do, symbolic links and a few
chmod's might be in order to accomplish this.

Hope to hear more from others on this to either confirm or rebuke my
assertions.

Regards,

BC