Why does my cwrsync try to load ssh?

Jim Salter jim at jrssystems.net
Tue Mar 23 05:51:30 GMT 2004

It's trying to fire up ssh because your target has a single colon in it.

server:/path/to/stuff means "fire up ssh or rsh and make me a tunnel to
server"

server::module/path/to/stuff means "try to access an rsync daemon on
server and access path/to/stuff on module"

/path/to/stuff means "access /path/to/stuff on the local machine"

Hope that helps.

Jim Salter