Why does my cwrsync try to load ssh?

Rob Jellinghaus robj at unrealities.com
Tue Mar 23 05:30:55 GMT 2004

Just installed cwrsync 1.2.1 and I am getting this:

C:\cwrsync>rsync -n -v -r /cygdrive/c/robj/pickmeup
speedball3:/cygdrive/d/robj/pickmeup
Failed to exec ssh : No such file or directory
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(81)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(189)

Why in heaven's name is rsync trying to exec ssh when I am asking it to do
nothing of the kind?

I've googled and searched the list archives and have found no mention of
this particular problem :-(  I have removed all other traces of cygwin from
this system.  At one point I think I did experiment with OpenSSH for
Windows on this machine but I can find no remaining trace of that either.

All help appreciated and sorry for the newbie idiocy :-(
Cheers
Rob