rsync wont work

alexus ml at db.nexgen.com
Sat Mar 13 01:01:28 GMT 2004

i'm sorry i didn't get your email, or i somehow missed it.. sorry about that

d# rsync -vvvcrlpogtz /tmp/ rsync at domain.ltd:/tmp
opening connection using ssh -l root domain.ltd rsync --server -vvvlogtprcz
. /tmp
rsync at domain.ltd's password:
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(189)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=189): about to call exit(12)
d#

d# ssh root at domain.ltd
root at domain.ltd's password:
Last login: Thu Mar 11 19:50:05 2004 from 66.9.147.254
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
# which rsync
/usr/local/bin/rsync
# ls -ld /usr/local/bin/rsync
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other    2217056 Mar 10 10:24 /usr/local/bin/rsync
# rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.0  protocol version 27
Copyright (C) 1996-2004 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              no IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

rsync comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the GNU
General Public Licence for details.
#

I'm most likely doing something very very stupid :( or better yet not doing
something..

P.S. My very good friend works for IBM at White Plains, you might even know
him:)