Seperate Log Files Per "Account"

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Mar 11 06:08:19 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:15:26AM -0600, Clint Boggio wrote:
> I was wondering if the "log file = /path/to/logfile" could be used per
> module as opposed to being a global parameter.

It seems like that would be pretty easy to do by moving the "log file"
item from the global structure into the local structure in loadparam.c
and then specifying a different name for each module.  However, there is
not currently any support for that.

As for the attempt to put an environment variable into the logname, that
didn't work because the string does not undergo any shell expansion --
it's just used verbatim.