Win32 and Backing up open files

Swarbrick Software sales at sosstandbyserver.com
Thu Mar 4 00:50:32 GMT 2004

St Bernard Software developed a module of their open file manager to work
with my software, SOS Standby Server, which uses rsync.
You can order the module for SOS from St Bernard and it will work with any
implementation of rsync. The open file manager runs on the windows machine
and it detects when rsync connects to it.  It works great and will allow you
to back up ANY open file, even system files.

It would be way cool if rsync could somehow deal with open files without a
third party file manager, as the St Bernard Open file manager costs about
$500.00.
I hope someone undertakes this.

Mark
Swarbrick Software