NasBackup open source rsync base backup solution for Windows
team at nasbackup.com
Tue Jun 29 05:14:14 GMT 2004
NasBackup is an open source backup solution. It is software for backing up
MS Windows desktop PCs, laptops and servers to network disks. NasBackup is a
highly configurable solution and easy to install and maintain.
NasBackup was designed to be easy to use for the end desktop user, yet
scalable to backup enterprise server. NasBackup client Windows GUI is easy
to maintain and use by end user.
NasBackup is a backup solution that can replace traditional tape backup. The
information is backup to network storage using the rsync utility. In a way
that only the file differences are send over the network.
Features available on the Client side for the end user and the backup
- GUI backup setup and schedule.
- GUI online backup progress and final status.
- File backup failure - online alert. An open file causes failure,
- NasBackup will pause of a while allowing the user to close the open file.
- Option to compress the backup files.
- Option to encrypt the backup files.
- Option to backup lock files like Outlook PST by automatically
closing the application at backup time.
- Easy integration of other utilities during the backup procedure like
internet dialer, registry backup etc.
- Allows selection of any folders on local or network-mapped drives at
the click of the mouse.
- Firewall Friendly, Can be configured to use port 80.
- Fast. base on Rsync, Only the differences between files and
directories are transferred between local folders and their
corresponding remote mirrors.
- Scalable. base on Rsync can mirrors directory of any size without
degradation in performance.
- No client-side software is needed for restore. standards protocol
are use : http/s, ftp, smb etc.
Features available on the Server side for the Backup administrator:
- Control on each client backup files version limit.
- Control on each client backup files old versions expiration date.
- Central daily/periodic summary report via email. Shortcut from the
report to the full log of the failed client.
NasBackup is freely available as Open Source.
For more information please take a look at NasBackup web site:
milutin at nasbackup.com
More information about the rsync