rsync between different file system types

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 15:16:48 GMT 2004

Hi list,

	can anyone tell me whether rsync unicode support (which I believe exists but don't claim to be any export on ;-)) will allow
me to rsync data between different file system types which have differing valid filename character sets? ie NTFS <-> UFS, in my case I actually
want to do UFS <-> HFS+ (Mac OS X). Also I am assuming HFS+ no resource fork data will exist, this can be split off prior to running rsync, so
this will not add any complications to my question,

	thanks in advance, Andy.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.