Help with Partial Transfer Error?

Stephen Anderson stephena at hiwaay.net
Wed Jun 23 21:30:49 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm fairly new to rsync so please bear with me.  I'm trying to use cwRsync to sync
my spambayes installation between my laptop and home computer, both running
WinXP.  I have configured rsync servers (cwrsync) on both machines.

Now, I am trying to pull the files from the laptop rsync server down to the home
computer and I'm encountering the error:

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1048)

I checked to see what did and did not transfer.  All of the spambayes "cache" files
fail to transfer while the .db dbm files transfer fine.  Each of these cache files is a
text record of a raw email stream.  The files have names like "1088009747-2".

I looked in the source at 1048, and in error.h but all I could determine was that a
partial file transfer error occured; just what it told me!

My gut feeling is that it's having trouble creating the files with no extension.  Can
anybody help me find a way to work around this?  Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Steve