what does lp_log_file mean??

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Jun 3 07:10:44 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:10:54AM +0000, Guo jing wrote:
>  There are many reference such as lp_log_file, lp_uid, lp_include_from,
> etc. in the file clientserver.c  and log.c . Who can tell what do they
> mean?  Are they functions? Where I can find the particular information
> about them?

They are functions, but they are created by macro expansion.  For instance,
this line:

FN_GLOBAL_STRING(lp_log_file, &Globals.log_file)

That line expands to this function (I've added newlines):

char *lp_log_file(void)
{
    return(*(char **)(&Globals.log_file) ? *(char **)(&Globals.log_file) : "");
}

(Just copy/pasting that makes me want to rewrite several aspects of those
age-old macros, but I'll leave them alone for now.)

You can find all the rest of the lp_* items in the loadparm.c file as well.