Bug reporting

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Jun 1 09:14:58 GMT 2004

On  1 Jun 2004, John Summerfield <john at Corridors.wa.edu.au> wrote:
> The jitterbug link on http://rsync.samba.org/nobugs.html no longer works. I
> suggest it either be fixed or removed.

Thanks, fixed.

> You make bug-reporting needlessly difficult, I think. I dislike the need to
> subscribe to a mailing-list and potentially receive lots of email that
> doesn't interest me. I have plenty of other email to keep me amused.

I don't think you need to subscribe to post.  I put the address
directly on the nobugs page to make it easier for people to write to
it.  Did you have any other suggestions about how to make it better?

The reason we took Jitterbug and faq-o-matic down is that people
seemed to get help more promptly when they wrote to the list.

> What I wanted most to do is ensure you know about rsyncx and consider working
> with the authors to create a unified product that supports resource forks
> when built on OSX.
>
> See http://www.macosxlabs.org./rsyncx/rsyncx.html
>
> Their CVS repository is at http://www.opendarwin.org
>
> It seems a shame to have two projects where one will do.

Well, sometimes there are reasons not to glom everything into one big
program.

--
Martin