SFU? rsync

Rodney rodney at interopsystems.com
Thu Feb 12 16:35:48 GMT 2004

For compiling anything on Interix (SFU) you should set the
environment variables:
    CFLAG="-D_ALL_SOURCE"
    CPPFLAGS="-D_ALL_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include"
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

The latter two will cause "configure" to pick up any post installed libraries
and headers (not that they are needed in this case). The "-D_ALL_SOURCE"
opens up the guards in the header files for prototypes (since Interix is
being SUS compliant).

Changes I did to rsync were just for references to the "root" uid of 0 (zero).
I replaced all references of uid comparisons to 0 with a macro (ROOT_UID)
and then made a conditional define for ROOT_UID to be 0 when not Interix
and when Interix to be 197108 (local administrator which is the "root"
equivalent).

Rodney