SFU? rsync

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkamneft.ru
Thu Feb 12 04:16:57 GMT 2004

darren wrote:

>Hi Dmitry,
>I've not had time to test it under SFU 3.5 - job for next week !
>
>I tried to compile rsync under SFU 3.5 .. and got into a world of pain
>with header files...
>http://www.interopsystems.com/tools/forum/tm.asp?m=708&p=1&tmode=1&smode
>=1&cookieCheck=349585534
>

>But then Rodney at Interop systems did it for me..
>http://www.interopsystems.com/tools/warehouse.htm
>ftp://ftp.interopsystems.com/pkgs/3.5/rsync-2.6.0-bin.tgz
>
>Although it's nice to have a static binary of rsync, having been reading
>the rsync mailing list the last few weeks now, it would seem that it
>would be better to compile rsync from source as it develops.  I had no
>idea it was so actively under development !
>
>So, could you please detail the steps you took to sucessfully compile
>rsync under SFU 3.5 ??

I compiled 2.6.0 as usual-
./confugure
make

Only problem, I found- it doesn't work with paths correctly-
i.e. it says that it can't find files if I start it not from shell :-(
 From shell all works OK.
I'm newbie in SFU (installed it yesterday) , so could you tell me how
can I run rsync directly from
windows command prompt?
btw, is there any speed improvements over cygwin ? I don't undrestand yet...