testing rsync 2.6.3pre1

Paul Slootman paul at wurtel.net
Tue Aug 17 13:19:37 GMT 2004

On Mon 16 Aug 2004, Wayne Davison wrote:

> I announced the release of 2.6.3pre1 on the rsync-announce mailing list
> back on the 12th.  I was thinking at the time that this email would get
> seen by those on the regular rsync list, but I forgot that this is not
> how the rsync lists are setup.  For those that missed it, here is the

I also missed the security announcement on the same day... Has the rsync
list setup changed? I guess I'll have to subscribe to -announce as
well...

> I'd appreciate it if people would let me know about any testing they do,
> even if it's just to say that things are working fine.

I've built a Debian package(*) (uploaded to the 'experimental'
distribution), and tried it on a couple of systems. It seems to work
fine...

(*) Debian version is 2.6.2.pre3.1-1, to prevent problems with version
ordering when 2.6.3 final is released...

Paul Slootman