Question about --stats

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Aug 2 18:05:45 GMT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:01:39AM -0600, Brashers, Bart -- MFG, Inc. wrote:
> If it's easy, maybe this would be a good addition to rsync --stats.  List
> the size of the files deleted, and perhaps the net change in disk usage.

Yes, an addition like that sounds like a good idea to me.  It will
require a protocol bump because of the weird way the stat data moves
around to the process that actually does the output (and the current
stats are all known to the sender but this stat would only be known to
the receiver).  So, a good idea, but it will be a little harder to do
than it might appear at first glance.  I'll consider it.