Problems with Rsync

Linux Linux at somersetcapital.com
Thu Apr 1 17:35:03 GMT 2004

Sorry if this problem has been covered previously.
I'm having a problem with Rsync. I have created a script to put in cron
but that is besides the point.

Here is the script that i'm using.

#!/bin/sh
HOST=`/bin/hostname`

echo "------------------------------" >>/var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx
date >>/var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx
echo "BEGIN NEW ENTRY FOR $HOST" >> /var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx
rsync -crzvv --password-file /etc/rsync.passwd --bwlimit=120
rsync://pub@xxx.xxx.xxx/pub/critical_full_daily/*.* /STOR-1/ >>
/var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx 2>&1
echo "------- END NEW ENTRY --------" >> /var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx
echo "" >>/var/log/rsync.xxx.pulls.xxx

Notice that *.* is used , i did this so that i can get all the files in
the directory. I have also tried *  as the variable.

IT will not transfer any of the files in the folder but it does check
the checksum of each file. well sort of, the log output is below.

------------------------------
Thu Apr  1 11:02:02 EST 2004
BEGIN NEW ENTRY FOR xxx.xxx.net
opening tcp connection to xxx.xxx.inet port 873
receiving file list ...
done
delta transmission enabled
B2D000254.bkf is uptodate
B2D000256.bkf is uptodate
B2D000260.bkf is uptodate
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (553 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)
B2D000262.bkf is uptodate
B2D000263.bkf is uptodate
B2D000266.bkf is uptodate
B2D000267.bkf is uptodate
B2D000268.bkf is uptodate
B2D000271.bkf is uptodate
B2D000303.bkf is uptodate
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (553 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)
------- END NEW ENTRY --------

In addition both location are running the most current RPM version of
rsync from rsync.samba.org

Hopefully i have drawn a good picture of the problem

Thanks in advance
Edward