some files already gzipped causes rsync to not compress any?

Steven Roberts strobert at truelink.com
Wed Sep 10 19:21:32 EST 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:58:57PM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:33:44PM -0700, Steven Roberts wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > We have encountered an odd performance issue in rsync (running version 2.4.6).
> If you want any support you'll need to get something from
> this century.  2.5.6 at least if not CVS.
this seems to imply that 2.5.6 even is barely supported.  If this is the case
then any ideas on when 2.5.7(or whatever) will come out?

I can understand not getting much support for older versions (and 2.4.6
is 3 years old).  But other OpenSource projects do support more legacy
versions, I was really only seeing to see if one of the developers/users
on the list knew of something in particular (and if it is fixed in 2.5.6
great, gives me good leverage to get the new version approved for production
use).

Guess I will try to find the time to setup a test environment using a newer
version to see if it magically fixes things.

Regards,
Steven Roberts