Looking for atime reset...

Saylor, Ted ted.saylor at boeing.com
Wed Sep 10 08:03:06 EST 2003

I find rsync an excellent tool when I need to move multi-gigabyte filesystems, because I can do most of the copying during the week - then a quick cleanup sweep in our 4 hour outage window.

I do need to somehow get the atime's to copy over, because as it stands now I loose the age information (which we will soon be using for auto-archiving) on things I copy with rsync.

Would it be that hard to enhance rsync to copy the atime along with the current mtime info?

Does anyone have a speedy script, perl, or C program to "cleanup" the atime after the final rsync is done?

Ted Saylor
480-891-7884  Desk
ted.saylor at boeing.com