Recent FSF Compromise and rsync ... pgp keys?

King, Daniel Daniel.King at Fiserv.com
Wed Sep 3 02:36:08 EST 2003

Hi, folks.

I've been quite concerned about Open Source and the recent FSF compromise.
I realize that FSF does not seem to have rsync, but prudence would dictate
that I check other sources as well.

Could someone please e-mail the public key for rsync to the list or to me
directly?

rsync-2.5.6.tar.gz      rsync-2.5.6.tar.gz.sig

I seem to be having a spot of trouble getting to any public key servers from
my current location, and the files provided (as above) on the Samba ftp site
don't seem to be adequate by themselves:

$ gpg --verify ./rsync-2.5.6.tar.gz.sig ./rsync-2.5.6.tar.gz
gpg: Signature made Tue Jan 28 00:41:02 2003 EST using DSA key ID 189C0E94

Thanks,
A. Daniel King, System Analyst
HP-UX, Linux, Solaris