AW: trying to figure out how the --delete option works.

Rainer Stengele rainer at diplan.de
Thu Oct 30 00:17:37 EST 2003

Add this:

 --delete-excluded

See the manual.

Rainer

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rsync-bounces+rsync=diplan.de at lists.samba.org
[mailto:rsync-bounces+rsync=diplan.de at lists.samba.org]Im Auftrag von
Mandrake Pe
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2003 13:33
An: rsync at lists.samba.org
Betreff: trying to figure out how the --delete option works.

I use this comand to back up my entirely drive to a second drive. Because the
second drive is smaller I have excluded my movies directory. I also excluded
the /mnt/ diectory, becous I dont want to back up the backup. This part works
just fine.

It's the --delete option I cant get to work. I want rsync to delete files on
the backup(destination) drive, that I have deleted or moved on the souce
drive. Therefore I added the --delete option, but it doesent work for me.

the files and directories tht I deleted still exists on the backup, and the
files and directories that I moved are duplicaded on the backup.

Is there anyone who can help me out.

Here is the comand I use:
rsync -av --exclude "/**/movies/" --exclude "/mnt/" --delete /
/mnt/backup/backup

    /Pedro
--

Läs om förföljelsen av Falun Gong-
utövare i Kina:

Read about the persecution of Falun Gong-
practitioners in China:
http://www.faluninfo.net