Is anyone replicating .5TB or higher?

Laura Ausel lausel2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 23:56:20 EST 2003

Greetings!

I've heard about using rsync to replicate data across the WAN, but need to know
if anyone is using it on a large scale.

I have a client who is contemplating consolidating Windows file/print servers
into a Linux partition on an iSeries.  The show stopper is whether rsync (or
any replication product) can and will replicate   a) at the file level, and b)a
database approaching .6TB in size.  Automation and accuracy are key.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Laura