Skipping Directory

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Wed Oct 8 03:55:07 EST 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 04:58:58PM +0200, Michael Clivot wrote:
> the rsync command is build by the PHP-Script
> Here an example of a command with the "Skipping directory" failure:
> rsync -az -e ssh /cygdrive/F/web/workstation/mediadb/europe shoptv at 192.168.8.111:
>
> The OS on both machines is Windows2000. rsync is running under cygwin.

You didn't say what version of rsync.

I did a quick check of both CVS and 2.5.6 and the only
circumstance in which you should get the "skipping directory
%s" message is if not recursing.  -a implies recursion.

To pin this down you will need to run rsync outside of the
wrapper and accurately capture the error message, preferably
with context.