why are these files being transfered

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat May 31 18:04:40 EST 2003

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> But when I run rsync it appear to want to transfer massive numbers of
> files.
>
>  rsync -avvzC /root/cvs_buf.t/ /root/base.t 2>&1| tee  /root/cvs_buf.test
>  [...]
>  sol/etc/SYS_ENV
>  [...]

I tested it on a real cvs checked out module and just as I suspected
after rsyncing from the buffer directory where diff reports no
differnces.  Then try cvs commit.   Cvs demands every file be
commited.  Surely this is not what is supposed to happen.

rsync man pages indicate rsync will work nicely with cvs.  Further
with rsyncs elaborate algorythems for testing for differences why are
I seeing the massive transfer when files are the same?