unexpected tag 25 on OSX

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Thu May 1 19:48:04 EST 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 12:34:23AM -0700, Michael Fairchild wrote:
> Hello again,
> I have finally got it working, partially anyhow.  I still can't
> initiate a connection from the server, but it does work if i
> initiate the connection at the mac client.  I just needed to
> exclude troublesome directories from the rsync tree.
> this is the commad that worked:
> rsync --exclude "/dev*" --exclude "/private/tmp*" --exclude
> "/Network*" --exclude "/Volumes*" --exclude "/private/var/run*"
> --delete -vvaR -e ssh /.
> "kegerator:/mnt/keg1/backups/maser/current/" --stats
>
> Anyways, i am very glad to finally have this working.
> Thanks for the help,

I'm glad you have reached a point that is satisfactory for
you.

It is becomming clear that rsync on OSX needs the investment
of some developer time.  Whether it is the toolset, mach, or
some fruity mods it looks as though OSX has an unfavorable
adaptation and selection isn't going to favor this Darwin.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt