Modified --files-from patch

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 24 13:59:29 EST 2003

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 11:21:28AM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
>  - I need to ensure that the user's input data doesn't contain a line
>    of just "////" or the transfer will get messed up (and this may
>    well allow an attack on a server daemon).

While I was working on this, I decided the easiest thing to do was to go
back to using an empty name as the EOF marker (over the socket) and then
adding code that ensures that the user's data stream has all empty lines
removed from it before transmission.  The patch has been updated, and I
don't believe there are any remaining issues to be resolved.  Please
feel free to test it and let me know how things go:

    http://www.blorf.net/rsync-files-from.patch