problems with rsync in cygwin

coldwire coldwire at isis.ntw.net
Tue Mar 18 17:50:33 EST 2003

i don't think you are actually getting connected to the target host.  better check your network settings.  and on the second instance you appear to be having the same problem, but you've masked it by saying RSYNC_RSH=rsync.   That is not correct.  rsync is the transfer protocol...rsh is the connection mechanism to start rsync on the remote end.  You should not need to specify RSYNC_RSH=rsync as that is simply not correct.

check and make sure you can ping/telnet the target host.

-mike