Trouble using RSYNC from a SSH terminal

Francisco Álvarez Martínez (Cyberclick) falvarez at cyberclick.es
Wed Mar 12 00:51:04 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm setting up mirror server using RSYNC, but I couldn't find the answer...
Why is possible to backup to my local Linux machine and why I couldn't use
the same instruction for backing up through SSH?

I explain: from the command line of my linux machine, I write: rsync -avuzb
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx::resource /home/www and it works properly. When I try to do
the same in another machine (connected through a SSH program), it doesn't
respond. I need to do that, because I am migrating servers and need that
information. Do I do it directly from the destination server console and no
through SSH?

I need a solution, please...