EOF error at io.c line 165

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Thu Jul 31 01:54:45 EST 2003

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:33:45AM -0400, Thomas Cort wrote:
> I keep getting rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1074142 bytes read so far)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165). Does
> anyone have any idea of what could cause this? I've gotten the same error on
> two seperate machines. One UltraSparc running Linux and the other a
> SparcStation running OpenBSD. We have an x86-SMP system running linux on the
> same network, and it works fine.

Are you using the -z flag for compression?  If so, are you using
the latest CVS version?  There was a bug in token.c that was recently
patched that can cause similar problems.  For further info, go to
   http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org
and search for Masahiko.  If your error is the same, then the patch that
has already been put into CVS should fix the problem.

-Andy